This lavender sugar scrub is super easy to make in less than ten minutes and you can use it straight away – bonus! It will leave your skin really soft, plus sugar is a natural preservative so there is no need to add any nasties to make it last longer. It also makes a great gift, especially as Mother’s Day is coming up!
The below recipe will make enough to fill a 120ml jar, so you can adjust the quantity to fit your required container. If placed in a sealed container the sugar scrub should last for around a month (as long as no water gets into contact with the sugar scrub).
- 55g Brown Sugar
- 18g Coconut Oil (solid) – Buy Here
- 1g Lavender Essential Oil – Buy Here
- Pinch of Lavender Seeds (optional) – Buy Here
Jar/Container – I used an amber glass jar with aluminum lid which you can buy here.
- Weigh your brown sugar and add to the mixing bowl.
- Then weigh your solid coconut oil. You can use liquid oil but solid oil will produce a better consistency. To make it easier to mix with the sugar you can heat it slightly in the microwave or over a double boiler to soften it slightly, but try not to melt it completely.
- Stir the coconut oil into the sugar and mix well until the oil has dissolved.
- Add the lavender oil to the mixture and stir well. The amount you add is down to preference although you shouldn’t add more than 2% of the overall weight of the scrub. If you have sensitive skin you can leave the essential oil from the recipe.
- You can also choose to add a pinch of lavender seeds to the scrub – this works really well if you are gifting the scrub to someone.